How can I follow the rollout?
There are lots of ways you can find out when the NBN is coming to your area
What’s the best way to find out when I’m getting the NBN?
You can check your address or suburb on NBN Co’s interactive rollout map .
NBN Co’s map shows the coverage and timeframe for announced areas across the three technologies and will be updated as new areas are added to NBN Co’s rollout plans.
The map shows a number of different colours because construction can be at different stages in the same postcode at the same time.
If there are coloured areas in your postcode but your suburb isn’t shaded in, the timeframe for your area may not have been announced yet, although work is underway or scheduled to commence in parts of your area.
NBN Co will generally extend the rollout from where it has started and will be releasing updates to its three year fibre rollout plan each year, which will help to colour in the map.
I’ve already done that. Where can I find out more?
- NBN Co’s communities in the rollout page has suburb-level information, including maps, for areas expected to start construction within one year. You can also find a copy of NBN Co’s three year fibre rollout plan here.
- NBN Co’s one year construction plan includes more specific information about areas scheduled to start construction within one year.
- NBN Co’s monthly ready for service plan provides detailed information about areas where construction has started and when these areas are expected to be ready for internet and telephone providers to start offering services.
So construction has started in my area. How long before services are available?
- On average it will take 12 months from the start of network construction in an area until people can access services. Many providers will take orders in the two to three weeks leading up to being able to activate services.
How can I keep up with rollout news?
- Subscribe to NBN Co’s newsletter
- Check out the Minister of Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy’s media centre
- Visit NBN Co’s news and events page
I need specific information about my address. Who should I talk to?
You can get in touch with NBN Co’s Contact Centre for specific information about your address on free call 1800 687 626 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also email us at email@example.com